When bit.ly redesigned their site recently the iOS bookmarklets stopped working.
Googling for help didn’t turn up anything that worked for the moment. The tutorials were still geared to the older bit.ly site. The bit.ly URL shortener had become a real pain on the iPad.
I did find a fix at bit.ly’s Tools page.
- I dragged the ‘+bitmark’ button to my PC browser’s button bar.
- Clicking it brings up the new bit.ly dialog for URL shortening. It’s no longer a sidebar.
Here are some easier steps to get the “+bitmark” button on your iPad and iPhone:
- On your iPad or iPhone add a new bookmark (this page works)
- Go to Bookmarks and tap [Edit]
- Tap the new bookmark you just created
- Rename it to “+bitmark”
- Tap [Done]